Parents, caregivers and early childhood educators have prime opportunity to build social and emotional skills with the children in their care. Often children who have not had practice with these skills have a hard time with emotional regulation and interacting with peers. The good news is that we can help children develop these skills by fostering safe and responsive environments to become better self-aware and opportunities to self-manage when they can.
Learning Outcomes: Parents/Caregivers/Educators will increase their understanding on how to:
· develop children’s self-awareness skills
· develop children’s self-management skills
· respond using the bottom-up approach when children are dysregulated and stressed
· scaffold learning into fun games to support children’s executive functioning.
· respond to children’s six SOS signals.
Certificate of Participation for 2.0 hours upon completion